Countless books have been written on parenting. There are endless questions that parents ask on this topic. Below are the resources we currently have available on this topic.
- Where can I find some practical and helpful tips on parenting and disciplining my child? Article: Points on Parenting
- Should parents send their children to public schools? Should the wife work or home school the children? Video: Ask Pastor Tim – Marriage, Work, and Public School
- What should I let my children be exposed to? Am I protecting or overprotecting my children? Video: Protecting or Overprotecting Our Children?
- Is it sinful for a married couple to not have children? Video: Is It Sinful for a Married Couple to Not Have Children?
- My children won’t sit still during a Sunday service, please help me. Video: Parents: Train Your Children at Home
- What does Proverbs 22:6 mean when it says, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Article: Lord Save Our Children
- As a parent do you teach your children to be considerate of others? Audio: Teaching Your Children to Be Considerate
- What does Ephesians 6:1 mean when it says, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.”? Audio: Children Obey and Honor Your Parents / Parenting to Please God
- Most neglect to consider that the church also has some responsibility in teaching our children. Video: Parenting (Part 8)
- I no longer live with my parents and want to still honor them. When is it God’s will for me to disobey my parents, how can I discern? Video: When Is It God’s Will to Disobey My Parents?
- Is it true that if I don’t spank my child I actually hate them? Video: Parents, Discipline Your Children
How to Exasperate Your Children
The Bible admonishes parents (fathers in particular) to not exasperate their children. What are some ways that parents can exasperate their children and how can we avoid them?
Marriage, Work, and Public School
Should a Christian man marry a woman who has different views on whether or not she should homeschool the children instead of pursuing a career?
Protecting or Overprotecting Our Children?
What should Christian parents do when their children could possibly be put in situations that expose them to sin? How should parents protect them from that...
Lord! Save Our Children!
A subject of grave concern to all of us today is how we are to go about saving our children. How shall we deliver them from the corrupting influence...
Teaching Your Children to Be Considerate
Walking in, and teaching our children, to be considerate of others. Philippians 2:3-5
Children Obey and Honor Your Parents
Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Points on Parenting
Parents can give away their authority. Never say no if you don’t mean it. Don’t give a command, even a little one, if you are not willing to back it up. And parents can give a command in such a tone that the child senses there are options.
Biblical Points on Being a Godly Parent
1. Children are a great blessing, Psa 127.5, 128.4 2. Children are not always a blessing, 1 Kg 1.6 3. The child's self-will must be broken, Pro 29:15 4. Reprove firmly; mean what you say, 1 Sam 2:23, 3.13; and more points.
Parenting (Part 8)
a. Fathers must not exasperate by being harsh. b. Fathers must not exasperate by being unreasonable. c. Fathers must not exasperate by fault-finding. d. Fathers must not exasperate through inconsistency. e. Fathers must not exasperate through neglect. f. Fathers must instruct their children about the Lord. g. Fathers must discipline their children.
When Is It God’s Will to Disobey My Parents?
If your a young person you've probably asked the question... "Is it God's will if I move here for this church...marry this person... get this job." How can you discern God's will? Also, how can you discern if it is God's will if your parents are against what your will is? When do you disobey your parents will in order to obey God's will?
Parents, Discipline Your Children
Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him. - Proverbs 13:24
Parenting to Please God
Ephesians 6:1 - Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Courtship: The Child’s Responsibility to the Parents
In the Scriptures, children are commanded to honor their parents even after they leave the home. In this video, Paul Washer teaches on how children should treat their parents during the courtship process.
Biblical Courtship: The Parent’s Responsibility in the Home
Parents are responsible to faithfully teach the things of God to their children. The Bible gives this role to no one else. In this video, Paul Washer teaches parents about the God-given command to raise their children in the teaching and admonition of the Lord.
The Family According to Jesus
Who are your brothers and sisters? Jesus said they are those who do the will of my father in heaven. Brethren the reality is the people we are most close to are those who are most close to the Lord. Who love to talk of Christ and love Christ... oh how we need more of Christ!
Educating, Training, and Disciplining Your Children
Giving Your Children a God-Fearing Education
- Colossians 3:21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
- Proverbs 13:24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.
- Proverbs 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.
- Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol.
With countless parenting books out there, here are a few we have found most helpful: