We are a Christian web site that is seeking to teach the Biblical Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The term “Christian” has been used by millions in the world, but what does it actually mean to be a Christian? What makes someone a genuine follower of Jesus Christ? In the 11 minute video to the right, Steve Lawson talks about what a true follower of Jesus Christ is.
Consider how Jesus Christ is alive – no bones in His tomb. He is exalted to the right hand of God and rules the universe. He will come back and raise the dead and judge all men. Are you prepared? Jesus died for sinners. Do you qualify? Sadly, most miss heaven because they think they are ‘good enough’ or ‘better than’. Rather, Jesus came to save sinners (1 Tim. 1:15). Are you bad enough to be a candidate for the grace of God? Trash your pride and come to Him as a hell-deserving sinner. God does not forgive without blood (Heb. 9:22). Either we must die for our sins (and perish in hell) or find a substitute. There’s only one – Jesus Christ. Have you trusted Him? The majority of Americans say they have “accepted Christ” and yet their lives don’t add up to what it truly means to be a Christian. So are these people truly Christians? Titus 1:16 says – They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.
Years ago brother Paul Washer preached this powerful sermon to 5,000 youth that God has used over the years to awaken many people to see the true state of their soul. Many have recognized that they had never truly been saved, but had simply said a sinner’s prayer that only left them the same as they had been before. You can watch this powerful sermon to the left.
Who is Jesus Christ?
• Existed as deity, Philippians 2:6
• Predated eternity, John 1:1
• Created universally, Colossians 1:16
• Became humanity, Galatians 4:4
• Lived perfectly, John 8:29
• Died substitutionarily, Isaiah 53:6
• Raised powerfully, Romans 1:4
• Appeared convincingly, 1 Corinthians 15:5
• Ascended triumphantly, 1 Peter 3:22
• Seated in authority, Hebrews 1:3
• Rules sovereignly, Matthew 28:18
• Intercedes effectively, Hebrews 7:25
• Coming again surprisingly, Matthew 25:31
• Will judge with equity, Acts 17:31
• Will banish some to hell with finality, Matthew 10:28
• Will receive some to heaven wonderfully, Hebrews 9:28
• Commanding all to repent and believe sincerely, Ac 17:30
• Forgiving those who do, so mercifully, Ephesians 2:4
by Bob Jennings